Last updated: June 23, 2022
Under the NDPR, personal data is defined as:
“Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
• Keeping you signed in
• Understanding how you use our website
• Geographical location of our client base, and also to track the behavioral pattern of the customers.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
What data do we collect?
Core Securities Limited collects the following data:
• Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc.)
• Email Registration Form Bank account number and BVN, Means of identification
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Core Securities Limited with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
• Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
• Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
• Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
• Physical Form By completing the KYC form physical or scanned.
How will we use your data?
Core Securities Limited collects your data so that we can:
• Process your order, and manage your account.
• Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
• For Feedback, and CSCS account opening Open a CSCS stock account with CSCS Plc
- For business transfers: we may use your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or another sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal data held by us about our service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: we may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and evaluating and improving our service, products, services, marketing, and your experience.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With service providers: We may share your personal information with service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our service, and to contact you.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With business partners: we may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
- With other users: when you share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- With your consent: we may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
When Core Securities Limited processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
When do we share personal data?
Under certain circumstances, the company may be required to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. A court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The company may disclose your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the service
- Protect the personal safety of users of the service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
How do we store your data?
The easiest way to prevent data loss is to back up data both on-site and on-cloud premises, There is always day-to-day backup always on the cloud server should in case the physical or on-site server has an issue. Physically in a file cabinet.
Core Securities Limited will store your Email Address, Phone Number, BVN, and NIN for as long as they remain our clients. We don’t delete Users’/clients’ data, they form our historical data. We do not delete data.
Core Securities Limited would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies.
Basically, we send information that relates to products and services such as Statements of accounts, and Daily Market Report
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt-out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Core Securities Limited from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of Core Securities Limited. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes,
What are your data protection rights?
Core Securities Limited would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Core Securities Limited for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Core Securities Limited correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Core Securities Limited to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Core Securities Limited erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Core Securities Limited restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Core Securities Limited’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Core Securities Limited transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
How to contact us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us: 08187032827
Or write to us at 1613b, Adewunmi Ogunsanya Avenue, Victoria Island Lagos